Recipe with cavatelli, pork and fennel sausages
Made with Chopped tomatoes
The Mutti Chopped Tomatoes maintains all the freshness of freshly-harvested tomatoes. It’s a unique product because it is chopped especially finely for an abundance of tomato pieces in every bite and a rich, consistent texture. Mutti Polpa brings together the tomato juice and its most pulpy part, a feature which makes it ideally suited for long cooking times even at high temperatures, like in the oven. Alternatively, it captures the fresh flavour of perfectly ripe tomatoes so well that it can be used straight from the tin in dishes like bruschetta or salsas. It is also ideal for homemade pizza, for recipes with meat, vegetables and legumes and to dress fresh durum wheat pasta or egg pasta
30 min (COOK TIME: 30 min)
dried or fresh cavatelli pasta
pork and fennel sausages
extra virgin olive oil
good of dried chilli flakes
grated parmesan cheese to serve
fresh parsley chopped, to serve
Share the ingredient list
Recipe with cavatelli, pork and fennel sausages: Method
- Remove the casings from the sausages and break up the meat into chunks.
- Add a glug of olive oil to a medium-sized frypan on medium-high heat and add the sausage pieces. Cook for about 5 minutes until the meat has cooked through, stirring every minute or so, then add the wine. Let that cook off, then sprinkle on the cinnamon, the chilli flakes and the Mutti Polpa.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and allow to simmer before adding the peas. Stir them through then cook for another ten or so minutes. If the sauce starts to look a bit thick, dilute it with a bit of pasta cooking water (see below).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook until just before it is done to your liking. Set aside half a cup of cooking water before draining the pasta in a colander.
- Add the drained pasta to the frypan with the sauce, and allow it to cook on medium heat for another minute, stirring the contents of the pan so that the sauce covers the pasta, and adding a bit of the cooking water that you have set aside if needed. Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese and some fresh parsley leaves.