Oyster loaf made with chopped tomatoes
Made with Chopped tomatoes
The Mutti Chopped Tomatoes maintains all the freshness of freshly-harvested tomatoes. It’s a unique product because it is chopped especially finely for an abundance of tomato pieces in every bite and a rich, consistent texture. Mutti Polpa brings together the tomato juice and its most pulpy part, a feature which makes it ideally suited for long cooking times even at high temperatures, like in the oven. Alternatively, it captures the fresh flavour of perfectly ripe tomatoes so well that it can be used straight from the tin in dishes like bruschetta or salsas. It is also ideal for homemade pizza, for recipes with meat, vegetables and legumes and to dress fresh durum wheat pasta or egg pasta
10 min (COOK TIME: 10 min)
400 tin of Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
(or as many as you like)
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Ciabatta or sough dough bread
(as much or little as you crave)
Lemon to serve
Share the ingredient list
Oyster loaf made with chopped tomatoes: Method
- Add the diced garlic into a frying pan over a medium heat with half the olive oil. Allow to cook for a little until the garlic infuses into the oil.
- Drizzle a little oil over the oysters with some garlic and place them onto the BBQ / hob.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and the tin of Mutti Polpa and cook so it simmers and warms up.
- Heat your bread gently whilst the mussels cook.
- Assemble your dish by adding the cooked oyster to your bread with sauce scooped onto it.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and salt as desired. Enjoy just as it is or add some of your favourite cheese to the warm bread and get dipping.