Margarita pizza with chopped tomatoes
Made with Chopped tomatoes
The Mutti Chopped Tomatoes maintains all the freshness of freshly-harvested tomatoes. It’s a unique product because it brings together the tomato juice with its most pulpy part, chopped into extremely fine pieces, a feature which makes it right for long cooking times even at high temperatures, like in the oven. It is ideal for homemade pizza, for recipes with meat, vegetables and legumes and to dress fresh durum wheat pasta or egg pasta
15 min (COOK TIME: 15 min)
wholemeal pita breads
400 tin Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
ball of fresh mozzarella, torn
- 4 of fresh basil
Share the ingredient list
Margarita pizza with chopped tomatoes: Method
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed tomatoes, oregano, sugar and a generous pinch of sea salt.
- Place the pita bread on a lined baking tray and brush edges lightly with olive oil.
- Divide tomato mixture amongst the 4 pita breads and spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Add the torn mozzarella, basil leaves and another drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted slightly and the edges are browned and crisp.