Vegetable Galette made with Tomato Puree
Made with Tomato puree
Mutti® Tomato Puree (Passata) is sun-ripened 100% Italian tomatoes transformed into sweet velvety puree with just a touch of Mediterranean sea salt. After eliminating the skin and seeds, the tomatoes are pureed to achieve a smooth, luxurious texture while maintaining their bright red color and naturally sweet flavor. Fantastic in marinara sauce, tomato soup, or even a Bloody Mary.
(COOK TIME: 60+ min)
For the pastry
(unsalted, very cold, cubed)
For the filling
Mutti® Tomato Puree (Passata)
Small of baby golden beetroot
of basil leaves
Salt and pepper
Share the ingredient list
Vegetable Galette made with Tomato Puree: Method
- To make the pastry, combine the flour, salt and very cold butter into a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Sprinkle the iced water over the flour mixture and pulse slightly until the dough just comes together into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, slightly knead the dough and press it into a flat disc and refrigerate (covered) for at least 30 minutes (ideally 1 hour).
- Preheat the oven to 356°F, fan forced. Cut the stems off the golden beetroots and boil for 20 minutes until tender. Place in cold water and peel straight away.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute on low. Add spinach until just wilted and combine with artichoke hearts and lemon juice.
- To assemble the galette, roll out the cold dough on a sheet of baking paper into a circle diameter approx 30cm. Score a light 2 inch border the whole way around the edges of the pastry.
- Pour Mutti® Tomato Puree (Passata) on the centre of the dough, leaving a 2 inch border. Top with the cooked spinach and artichoke mix, mushrooms, golden beetroots and asparagus. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Gently fold over the pastry border, overlapping the edges as much as possible and gently press the folds together.
- Brush the folded edges of the crust with the egg yolk and bake for 30 – 40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with basil leaves and season with salt and pepper.