Tomato Carbonara Spaghetti with Tomato Puree
Carbonara Rossa combines two legendary Italian dishes, Carbonara and Amatriciana, to create a wonderfully creamy and tomato-y dish for the holiday season.
Made with Tomato puree
Mutti® Tomato Puree (Passata) is sun-ripened 100% Italian tomatoes transformed into sweet velvety puree with just a touch of Mediterranean sea salt. After eliminating the skin and seeds, the tomatoes are pureed to achieve a smooth, luxurious texture while maintaining their bright red color and naturally sweet flavor. Fantastic in marinara sauce, tomato soup, or even a Bloody Mary.
20 min (COOK TIME: 15 min / PREP TIME: 5 min)
Mutti® Tomato Puree
(or bacon cut into matchsticks)
Share the ingredient list
Tomato Carbonara Spaghetti with Tomato Puree: Method
- Bring plenty of salted water to the boil.
- Put the bacon in a non-stick pan and cook it for a few minutes over a low heat.
- Add Mutti® Tomato Puree, season with salt and pepper and cook for 7 minutes with the lid on. Turn off the flame.
- Grate the Pecorino cheese.
- Mix 6 egg yolks with the grated Pecorino to make a cream.
- Drain the spaghetti “al dente”, pour them into the pan with the sauce, turn them in the pan to season them well and add the cream of egg yolks and Pecorino. Adjust the consistency with a little pasta cooking water.
- Serve with a sprinkling of pepper and grated pecorino cheese.