Italian Sausage and Sage Fettuccine
Made with Tomato puree
Mutti® Tomato Puree (Passata) is sun-ripened 100% Italian tomatoes transformed into sweet velvety puree with just a touch of Mediterranean sea salt. After eliminating the skin and seeds, the tomatoes are pureed to achieve a smooth, luxurious texture while maintaining their bright red color and naturally sweet flavor. Fantastic in marinara sauce, tomato soup, or even a Bloody Mary.
30 min (COOK TIME: 30 min)
Italian pork sausages, removed from casings
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
( finely chopped)
dry white wine
Mutti® Tomato Puree (Passata)
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
(freshly grated )
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Share the ingredient list
Italian Sausage and Sage Fettuccine: Method
- Bring four litres of water to a boil for the fettuccine. Cook according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan on moderate - high temperature. Once hot, drop one sage leaf in, it should sizzle slightly if hot enough. Add remainder of sage and cook, turning occasionally until they are crisp. Drain them on paper towels, leaving the oil in the skillet.
- Add the chopped eschalot to the already warm pan and cook on moderate heat until translucent. Add the sausage mince and stir until browned.
- Add Mutti® Tomato Puree (Passata) and white wine and allow to cook for 10 mins or until sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and reserve a 1/2 cup of liquid. Toss through the pork mince and top with crispy sage leaves and freshly shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.