Savory shortbread biscuits with tomato
These savory shortbread biscuits with tomato paste, aromatic herbs and olives are a perfect appetizer for delicious aperitifs.
Made with Double concentrated tomato paste
When you need a strong and intense taste of tomato, tomato paste is your choice. It works together superbly with our other products to intensify the flavor and texture of the tomato.
90 min (COOK TIME: 15 min / PREP TIME: 75 min)
Mutti double concentrated tomato paste
Tablespoons pitted black olives
A fewof sage
(thyme and rosemary)
Share the ingredient list
Savory shortbread biscuits with tomato: Method
- Pour the flour onto a pastry board, add the butter cut into small pieces and pinch the butter with your fingertips. Add it to the flour.
- Add the grated Parmesan, the egg, the salt and the Mutti concentrated tomato paste.
- Chop the aromatic herbs and olives and add them to the dough. Knead quickly until it forms a ball, cover it with cellophane and put it in the fridge for an hour.
- Roll out the dough into a sheet half a centimeter thick. With the molds make the biscuits.
- Transfer them to a baking tray lined with parchment paper, decorate with crystal salt, poppy and sesame seeds and bake for 12/15 minutes at 180 °.
- Remove from the oven and place the biscuits on a wire rack to cool.