TWISTED STAR BREAD WITH TOMATO PASTE FILLING
A beautiful star-shaped braided bread, perfect for an aperitif with friends before the holidays
Made with Double concentrated tomato paste
When you need a strong and intense taste of tomato, tomato paste is your choice. It works together superbly with our other products to intensify the flavor and texture of the tomato.
55 min (COOK TIME: 25 min / PREP TIME: 30 min)
For the base
Round discs of ready-made puff pastry
Mutti Tomato Double Concentrate
A spring of
Extra virgin olive oil
Share the ingredient list
TWISTED STAR BREAD WITH TOMATO PASTE FILLING: Method
- For the basil sauce, place the washed and dried basil leaves, parmesan cheese, walnuts, and 25ml of extra virgin olive oil into a bowl.
- Blend the ingredients with a hand blender until you get a smooth sauce.
- Drizzling more oil into the mix if needed.
- Place the first disc of puff pastry onto the work surface.
- Spread a spoonful of Double Concentrate over the entire surface of the pastry, leaving one centimeter around the border.
- Then distribute half the mozzarella on top of the Double Concentrate and cover with the second pastry disc, making sure the edges are stuck down well.
- Spread a generous spoonful of basil sauce over the entire surface of the pastry.
- Cover with the third disc, repeating the process with the Double Concentrate and the remaining mozzarella.
- Place a pastry cutter or a glass in the center of the last pastry disc and cut 16 wedges with a sharp knife.
- Twist each wedge around itself twice, in pairs: one clockwise and one counterclockwise, and then seal each pair of wedges, joining the ends together.
- Lightly brush the surface with a beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.