CONCHIGLIONI – PASTA BAKED WITH TOMATO SAUCE
Stuffed pasta shells are a tasty, rich, and hearty first course, perfect for a Christmas menu or different occasions.
Made with Polpa
Mutti Polpa keeps all the freshness of freshly picked tomatoes. This unique product combines the finely cut pulpy part of the fruit with its own juice.
45 min (COOK TIME: 25 min / PREP TIME: 20 min)
Mutti Finely Chopped Tomatoes
Grated parmesan cheese
Share the ingredient list
CONCHIGLIONI – PASTA BAKED WITH TOMATO SAUCE: Method
- Blanch the spinach in a pot of water for a couple of minutes. Drain the spinach and let it cool.
- Squeeze all the water out of it, chop it finely, and place it in a bowl.
- Add the ricotta cheese, egg, 50g of parmesan cheese, salt, and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
- Mix well to blend all the ingredients together.
- Heat up a saucepan and sauté a clove of garlic in a tablespoon of oil
- Pour in the Mutti Finely Chopped Tomatoes, season with salt, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta shells al dente, then drain and season them with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to stop them from sticking to each other.
- Pour the spinach and ricotta filling into a pastry bag and stuff the pasta shells.
- Spread a layer of the Finely Chopped Tomatoes on the bottom of the baking tray and arrange the stuffed pasta shells on top.
- Finish with a few tablespoons of Finely Chopped Tomatoes.
- Then sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and cook in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.