Italian Baked Ziti (Ziti al Forno)
Made with Crushed tomatoes
Mutti® Polpa keeps all the freshness of freshly picked tomatoes. This unique product combines the finely cut pulpy part of the fruit with its own juice.
50 min (COOK TIME: 20 min / PREP TIME: 30 min)
(red or white)
Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes
(or mascarpone cheese)
fresh mozzarella cheese
(cut into cubes)
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
butter, to garnish
Share the ingredient list
Italian Baked Ziti (Ziti al Forno): Method
- Heat 2 tbsp of EVOO in a sauté pan and add the onion and the sausage. Crumble the sausage with a fork and simmer for 10 minutes. Add ½ cup of wine and let it evaporate.
- Add Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes (Polpa). Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook the ziti pasta in boiling salted water, and drain it al dente.
- Add the ziti into the pan with the tomato sauce. Mix until well combined.
- Add ricotta or mascarpone cheese and stir well.
- Move the pasta mixture into a casserole dish. Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese on top, and garnish with some butter.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and garnish with some fresh basil leaves before serving.