Crostini with Herbed Tomatoes and Baked Cheese
Made with Crushed tomatoes
Mutti® Polpa keeps all the freshness of freshly picked tomatoes. This unique product combines the finely cut pulpy part of the fruit with its own juice.
15 min (PREP TIME: 15 min)
extra virgin olive oil; more for the baguette
grated carrot (on medium holes of box grater)
finely chopped sweet onion
finely chopped pitted Castelvetrano olives
Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes (Polpa)
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
of goat cheese brie, rind removed or 4 oz. goat cheese
mixed tender herbs, such as basil, parsley, and oregano
Sliced baguette, brushed with olive oil and toasted
Share the ingredient list
Crostini with Herbed Tomatoes and Baked Cheese: Method
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450°F.
- Put the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the oil shimmers. Add the carrot, onion, and olives, and cook until the vegetables begin to soften and the oil turns light orange, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes (Polpa), ½ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is heated through, 2½ to 3 minutes.
- Divide the mixture among four 4-oz. ramekins. Transfer the ramekins to a rimmed baking sheet. Divide goat cheese among the ramekins and bake until the cheese is melted and just begins to turn golden around the edges, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top the cheese with 1 tsp. of the mixed herbs, and serve with the toasted baguette.