Zucchini Fritters with Tomato Sauce
A fun and delicious main course that makes the most of the summer harvest.
Made with Crushed tomatoes
Mutti® Polpa keeps all the freshness of freshly picked tomatoes. This unique product combines the finely cut pulpy part of the fruit with its own juice.
60 min (COOK TIME: 20 min / PREP TIME: 40 min)
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1 or 2
Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes
Share the ingredient list
Zucchini Fritters with Tomato Sauce: Method
- Cut the bread into squares and soak them in milk for 30 minutes.
- Grate the zucchini, sprinkle with salt, put them in a cloth and wring out as much water as possible. Also squeeze the bread very well, break into crumbs and put it in a bowl.
- Add the zucchini to the crumbled bread, a crushed or chopped clove of garlic, cheese, eggs and a spoonful of breadcrumbs.
- Mix well. If the dough is too soft to make balls, add some breadcrumbs (if you squeezed the zucchini properly, you won't need it).
- Shape the mixture into balls with your hands and roll them into flour.
- In a 10 inch diameter ring pan, warm olive oil, then add the meatballs and brown them for a few minutes (do this step twice if they don't all fit into the pan).
- Set aside the cooked zucchini balls. Using the same pan, add olive oil and the can of Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes (Polpa). Sprinkle with salt and pepper, add a few basil leaves and stir for 10 minutes. Then add the zucchini balls to season them with the sauce.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes then serve hot.