Tripe Soup made with Crushed Tomatoes
Made with Crushed tomatoes
Mutti® Polpa keeps all the freshness of freshly picked tomatoes. This unique product combines the finely cut pulpy part of the fruit with its own juice.
(COOK TIME: 60+ min)
(to save 10+ hours in the kitchen cooking tripe, call your butcher ahead of time and they’ll cook it for you)
Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes (Polpa)
large brown onion
garlic finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Crusty bread to serve
Share the ingredient list
Tripe Soup made with Crushed Tomatoes: Method
- Saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Add your tripe and stir for around 10-15 mins until it is coated nicely and the fat starts to slowly render and melt.
- Add the rosemary, bay and cinnamon and continue stirring on a medium to high heat until the fat has been absorbed.
- Add your stock, making sure that it covers the tripe and then slowly reduce.
- Add Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes (Polpa), stir it all in and season (note: When seasoning that it will intensify as you reduce).
- Reduce heat and let it gently bubble away for 2 hours. If you need more liquid, rinse your Mutti Polpa tins with water and add as your dish cooks so that the trip is covered the entire time.
- At the end of the cooking time, the tripe will be tender, the sauce should be reduced and there will be a layer of red tomatoey fat on the surface ready to be mopped up with crusty pane di casa.
- Serve the delicious tripe soup.