Quail Cacciatore made with Crushed Tomatoes
Made with Crushed tomatoes
Mutti® Polpa keeps all the freshness of freshly picked tomatoes. This unique product combines the finely cut pulpy part of the fruit with its own juice.
(COOK TIME: 60+ min)
Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes (Polpa)
small brown onion
finely diced ethically sourced rashers of bacon
(you could also use a good quality Italian pork sausage)
( 1 chopped for the stuffing and 1 whole sprig for the sauce)
small peeled potatoes
(juice and zest )
Share the ingredient list
Quail Cacciatore made with Crushed Tomatoes: Method
- Preheat oven to 320°F.
- On low heat in a cast iron or oven proof pan sweat down the onion and garlic, in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the celery and cook on a low heat while you season and stuff your quail.
- Stuff a small piece of the bacon and some rosemary inside each of your quails with a generous amount of salt and pepper to season.
- Put each quail in the pan with the sage, rosemary, bay leaves, cloves and the butter, caramelise each side of your quail until golden brown, for roughly 4 minutes each side.
- Add the tins of Mutti Polpa and the cinnamon, simmer gently for an hour until the quail is tender and the sauce has reduced.
- Add the potatoes and put the pan into the oven for a further, 45 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and crispy.
- Serve piping hot with soft polenta and a crispy raddichio salad.