Spanish Baked Eggs with Crushed Tomatoes
Made with Crushed tomatoes
Mutti® Polpa keeps all the freshness of freshly picked tomatoes. This unique product combines the finely cut pulpy part of the fruit with its own juice.
30 min (COOK TIME: 30 min)
extra virgin olive oil
spicy chorizo sausage
Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes (Polpa)
lima beans butter
Sea salt flakes and fresh ground pepper
Share the ingredient list
Spanish Baked Eggs with Crushed Tomatoes: Method
- Pre-heat oven to 338°F.
- Heat a large cast iron pan (or fry pan suitable to go into the oven) over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and chorizo and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until garlic and chorizo is lightly browned. Stir in Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes (Polpa), beans, paprika and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Make 4 small wells in the tomato bean mixture. Break eggs, one at a time, into each well.
- Dot small pieces of chèvre in the tomato mixture, scatter oregano leaves and drizzle over remaining olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until egg white is cooked and yolks are slightly runny.
- Serve the spanish baked eggs with buttery toast and a sprinkling of sea salt flakes.