Recipe with Cavatelli, Pork, Fennel Sausages
Made with Crushed tomatoes
Mutti® Polpa keeps all the freshness of freshly picked tomatoes. This unique product combines the finely cut pulpy part of the fruit with its own juice.
30 min (COOK TIME: 30 min)
dried or fresh cavatelli pasta
pork and fennel sausages
extra virgin olive oil
Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes (Polpa)
good of dried chilli flakes
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
(grated, to serve)
fresh parsley chopped
Share the ingredient list
Recipe with Cavatelli, Pork, Fennel Sausages: Method
- Remove the casings from the sausages and break up the meat into chunks.
- Add a glug of olive oil to a medium-sized frypan on medium-high heat and add the sausage pieces. Cook for about 5 minutes until the meat has cooked through, stirring every minute or so, then add the wine. Let that cook off, then sprinkle on the cinnamon, the chilli flakes and Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes (Polpa).
- Turn the heat down to medium low and allow to simmer before adding the peas. Stir them through then cook for another ten or so minutes. If the sauce starts to look a bit thick, dilute it with a bit of pasta cooking water (see below).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook until just before it is done to your liking. Set aside half a cup of cooking water before draining the pasta in a colander.
- Add the drained pasta to the frypan with the sauce, and allow it to cook on medium heat for another minute, stirring the contents of the pan so that the sauce covers the pasta, and adding a bit of the cooking water that you have set aside if needed. Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- Serve sprinkled with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and some fresh parsley leaves.